As an exhibitor at a trade show, you need to leave a lasting impression on the visitors. It is what defines whether your show was a success or not. A solid physical presence, clearly stated messages, a standout display, well-trained and informed staff, diligent follow-up, and an appropriate giveaway are some things that keep your brand front of mind.
Not many companies understand that trade show giveaways significantly improve your overall experience as an exhibitor. They pave the way for you to sell products and services by initiating personal interactions with the attendees. And once you capture your prospect’s attention with attractive giveaways, your brand will be on the way to success.
8 Trade Show Giveaway Ideas to Leave a Lasting Impression
Smartphones, no doubt, have dominated the technological world and are here to stay for the foreseeable future. You will not find a single employee in your office without a smartphone.
What better way to provide value to your visitors than gifting a smartphone wallet? But make sure it features your company logo and name to leave a lasting impression. Who knows, it may wow your visitors?
- It can hold debit-credit cards, licenses, identity proofs, cash, and more.
- Convenient to carry especially for travelling business persons.
- It provides the advantage of cost-effectiveness to exhibitors.
- It can be branded easily by displaying your logo and message.
Spending all day on the trade show floor, high on progesterone and low on thyroxine, is bound to chap your lips. But you can avoid that beforehand by checking the trade show apps. You can also offer lip balms as a giveaway item that will remind the attendees of your brand every time they reach their pockets to moisturize their lips.
- Having your brand logo printed on the balm will leave a lasting impression.
- It is an excellent way of attracting visitors while showing that you care about them.
- It keeps the lips of attendees protected from the cold winds or summer heat.
- They are one of the most inexpensive giveaway items.
- Lip balms have a long shelf-life, so you can use them from show to show to save money and reduce wastage.
Tote bags are instantly valuable items that allow the attendees to carry all the goodies they snag up on the show. Branded tote bags are a giveaway special that people can use for a long time.
- Eco-friendly bags can carry groceries, clothing items, beach stuff, etc.
- Tote bags made of canvas are durable and long-lasting.
- Can hold brochures, samples, and personal possessions of people.
- Opportunity for additional branding and messaging for the exhibitors.
T-shirts are a giveaway staple and the most sought-after item. Trade show attendees love hunting for free t-shirts as much as possible while walking on the show floor. If you use t-shirts as a giveaway gift, you would at least be sure of flushing your booth with traffic.
- Easy-to-pack keepsake perfects to wear as a workout or lounge cloth.
- It leaves a long-lasting impression in the minds of the attendees.
- It can be worn immediately by people, whether at the show or at home.
- Provide lots of room for branding and messaging to the exhibitors.
- T-shirts are a safe giveaway item as everyone likes receiving them.
Reusable Water Bottles
Reusable water bottles are something you would see everyone carrying. From students to the working class, people use it a lot. Having custom water bottles as one of your booth giveaway ideas will draw lots of traffic to your space, with attendees eager to get hands-on your gifts.
- A helpful way of staying hydrated while walking the trade show floor.
- It can be used by the attendees for a long time, even after the show.
- These green giveaways reinforce environment-friendly messaging.
- Potential long-term branding opportunity for the exhibitors.
Food & Drinks
Walking the trade show floor for too long works up the appetite of the attendees. Offering snacks or drinks to anyone who visits your booth or shows interest in it is a great way to leave an impression and initiate a conversation. You can offer candies, coffee, pretzels, personalized m&ms, chocolates, or any other cost-effective consumable giveaways to engage with people.
- Consumable giveaways save attendees from paying for food and snacks.
- They are great icebreakers and a tipping point in your favour.
- Good consumable giveaways can get people talking and seeking your brand.
- After spending all day walking, food and drink giveaway booths hold the attendees.
Giving away product samples to qualified attendees is the most effective way to show off your wares. People are generally more receptive to sales pitches if they have a sample of your product on the trade show floor.
- Opportunity to try products first-hand before purchasing them.
- Samples make attendees better informed and confident about your product.
- One of the best trade show giveaways for showcasing your brand.
- You can tier multiple giveaways depending on the value of prospective clients.
Whether you are on a date or about to attend a meeting, breath mints are something you think about first-hand. No one would remember if your breath was fresh, but it would leave a wrong impression if you had a bad breath. And you don’t want that!
As the attendees will speak with potentially hundreds of people at a trade show, giving away breath mints is practical and in demand. Whether you are an exhibitor or an attendee, breath mints come in handy for everyone.
- Lightweight, convenient, and easy to carry.
- It helps people speak more confidently while networking.
- Excellent sharable items that you can offer to co-workers.
- Every time an attendee shares the breath mints, it will promote your brand to a new potential prospect.
- Inexpensive, easy to pack, and store items that you can use at different trade shows.
To Sum Up
Promotional products make people happy – there is no doubt about this fact. It is widely known that consumers get a favorable impression of an advertiser after receiving free gifts. But picking these items can be a challenging task for an exhibitor as there are tons of such products available in the market. If you keep your goals in mind and avoid any budget or logistical snags, you will indeed successfully give the top trade show giveaways.
Please choose an item that attracts the attendee’s attention, is useful to them in the long run, and most importantly, is cost-effective to your brand. It will yield you impressive returns in both in-booth traffic and attendee engagement with your brand if done right. In addition, it will improve your brand’s image in the eyes of consumers.